Meet our very own Yvonne! Yvonne has been working on our Administrative Support Team for two months now. Get to know her, and find out her opinion on whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich…
No one ever wants, nor expects, their home or business to be struck by disaster. We hear about it on the news, but we never expect the fire to be at our own front door. Once the fire has hit, the damage has been done. You can’t undo it, but the least you can do is be prepared. Check out these tips on what to do after a fire:
1) Contact your local disaster relief service, such as your local American Red Cross. You can contact American Red Cross of Tacoma at (253)474-0400. They can assist with temporary housing, food, and medicine.
2) Check with the fire department to make sure that your home or business is safe to enter. Be watchful of any structural damage left by the fire. They should also see that utilities are either safe to use or disconnected before leaving the fire site. Do not attempt to reconnect utilities yourself.
3) Conduct an inventory of damaged property and items. Don’t throw anything away, even damaged items, until the inventory is made.
4) Save all receipts for any spending related to your fire loss. You might need them later, for insurance purposes.
5) Notify your mortgage company of the fire.
Don’t know what to do next? We do.
Get to know ServiceMaster of Tacoma’s very own Josh Hanson. Josh has been a valuable fire-tech and go-to-guy for nearly 6 years.
Vacation is supposed to be relaxing. Nothing ruins a trip quite like a call from home… let alone a call that your home has been compromised by fire damage, a flood, or even a break-in. Follow these tips to give yourself the peace of mind you deserve: