Prevent Mold for Your Property and Your Health!
Mold can be more than just hard to look at. It can also cause structural damage to your property. Over time this can weaken supports or damage drywall. Worst of all, mold can become a serious health risk if left untreated. It can spread through the air in tiny particles called spores, which are damaging to anyone who breathes them in. If you suspect mold in your home or business, call ServiceMaster of Tacoma today.
There are many different types of mold. Some types are more dangerous than others. All types of mold need moisture to grow, which is why it is so important to treat any water damage quickly and carefully.
What Should I do if I Suspect Mold?
- Start with an inspection by a hygienist or other qualified professional to determine if you have mold and if it is harmful mold or not.
- The next step is to locate the source of the moisture causing the mold and stop additional moisture from entering your home or business.
- Once the source of the moisture has been treated there needs to be immediate action taken to dry out the affected wet or damp areas.
- Next is to find all the spots in your home or business affected by mold. Once the affected areas have been located, the type of mold needs to be identified through testing so it can be properly remediated.
- The last step is treating and eliminating the mold once it is isolated and identified.
Here at ServiceMaster of Tacoma, we are here to help you. We use the top dehumidifiers and antimicrobial applications in the industry to stop mold from growing and prevent it in the future. For the best restoration service, call ServiceMaster of Tacoma today!